Friday, March 23, 2012

Skip Beat

Last night, I fell asleep at 1+am with the lights on (an increasingly frequent occurrence), woke up at 5am to eat, and slept again at 7am. In these 2 snatches of sleep, I think I had two parts of the same dream. I remember that I was with my grandpa along a street, and I had something to do. My grandpa, who was essentially blind, was pushing along a bike and he was walking slowly and unsteadily. He was going to see either a doctor or a dentist. I was busy with something, so I got him to sit at a kopitiam and I ordered a kopi/milo mixed drink for him. He gave me a smile as if to say 'I can't taste the difference anyway' when I ordered it. Throughout the journey, he kept wanting to go on alone but the look in his eyes when we talked, it was so eager and sometimes helpless. I knew that he wanted me to bring him.

These days, I've been thinking that we humans sometimes do lose track of what is important around us and in our lives, while persisting in things that we should not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home